The Abyss The Abyss

That bass sound gets me, I love the chunkiness of it! Not a huge fan of the kick and hi-hat sounds you chose, but that's personal bias; they do work well.
You have a good handle on your synth sounds, definitely keep em coming.
I think everything suffers a tiny bit from sitting too tightly in the centre of the stereo field, I'd pan some of your drums and higher synth textures around more playfully; you might find it opens things up a bit more.
Keep it up!

MrSmash64 responds:

thanks for the criticism, i'll make sure to pan in the future!

Hiders Hiders

Still love the crazy textures in this one- that tapey mellotron sounding riser thing is awesome.

Mountains Mountains

Not bad! Mix is solid, though I wish the sounds were a little more playful. By that I mean that for my taste they're too stock/clean. Structure's not bad, musically it's fine.
I might play a little more with things like distortion, maybe some acoustically-recorded sounds to liven up the mix, etc.
Keep it up!

NebulaTrax responds:

Thanks man!

A New Beginning A New Beginning

Love it! Really great recording quality and the playing is on-point.

AcesArco responds:

Hey @Waxlimbs,

I appreciate the review and kind words, thank you!

-:: Code Grey ::- -:: Code Grey ::-

Super nice production and a wicked palette of sounds! Love the harmony too, you obviously know what you're doing. Love it!

Agitat0r responds:

Thank dude. Sadly I have no motivation to continue this track. I ran out of idea. :/

Your Essence Your Essence

Not bad! Pretty good mix in that it is clear, but I felt as if if needed a bit more edge- it's too clean to my ears and I got a little fatigued after a while. I agree with @Lanmola that the middle is a bit repetitive. Overall, not bad at all. It's definitely not my type of music but you're displaying some chops for sure. Keep at it!

Demonic-Overmind responds:

I know its clean, but that's what I love, I can't play much with harsh sounds though. And again, a bit of repetitiveness in the middle, I don't think it's bad at all.
Thanks for the review.

New Beginning New Beginning

So the first thing in my mind is the mix. Everything is way too up front and in your face, especially the gliding lead that sounds convincingly like a dentist drill. Space things out a bit, you don't have to drive things that hard into the listener's ears!
The other thing is structure; it doesn't really have one. You are on the right track by introducing new ideas and building on them, but after a certain point there's not much rhyme or reason for things to come in and the piece falls apart.
Harmony is also a huge issue. Find a tonal centre and let it do the work. Your lead synth doesn't seem to fit into whatever key you're using, but that also could be due to the fact that there's a tonne of portamento applied. This "slidey" character only helps in making the lead melody undefined and pretty annoying. I'm not a fan of dubstep myself, though I have to point out that there's little to no dubstep character to this. With that genre defined by the type of dub beat, you kind of avoid that.

Take this as a good learning experience and keep making tunes. Over time, things will just start to click and it will get really easy to overcome these points. Cheers! :)

Tarian responds:

Thank you for the response! I do agree that: A.) the sounds I used aren't very harmonic, which gets kind of annoying and I'm still toying with how to fix that. In using Sytrus, I've encountered problems with being unidentifiable fractions of a tone off from what it should be. AND B.) I have some problems mixing things together smoothly as that is another thing I haven't quite gotten to learning yet. I don't use FL too much, and I don't have any other experience with digital music. In any case, thanks for the feedback and I will be working on mixing and sound synthesis.

Come&Go (Originally rewired) Come&Go (Originally rewired)

Nice stuff! I liked the first half because it really felt it was going somewhere. I have to say though, when you brought in the piano I was really turned off by the sound of it/playing style. It doesn't quite fit with anything before. The other issue was how it doesn't really have an ending... My advice (if desired) is to find a really awesome antithesis to your first half, replace the piano section with that, and then return to your first section for the ending but make it way more epic. A good start!

Windstorm (CMR's Theme) Windstorm (CMR's Theme)

ACE. Relentless programming. Hats off to you, the guitar work is gnarly as all hell.

RealFaction responds:

Thanks, though I'm not entirely happy with the mixing, it's not my best, but I'm glad people are enjoying it lol. It was a hard mix.

I am not deadmau5 I am not deadmau5

4 stars for nice work with the production and synth work, -1 for how derivative it is...
Overall really good work with the mix and whatnot. Loved some of the synth sounds you got, especially the really transient stuff through delays. You've got chops, keep making things!